MiCRA can provide consultancy and contract analysis in its direct remit and has access to state of the art campus facilities including:
- Chromatographic analysis: LC and GC MS, HS/SPME, SPE, GCMS, LCMS/PDA HPLC, capillary electrophoresis
- Surface Science: Scanning electron microscope (Jeol JSM 6390 LV), atomic force microscopy, scanning electrochemical microscopy, Ellipsometry, Langmuir Blodgett, contact angle and Drop shape analyser, STM, confocal microscopy
- Spectroscopic: NMR Bruker 500 MHz and 300 MHz Spectrometers; Multipurpose FT-NIR analyser, Raman and UV/Vis, fluorescence spectroscopy, Q-TOF LC-MS, Thermogravimetry analysis and differential scanning calorimetry
- Particle Size Analysis: Malvern Laser 2000 Rheometry
- Elemental Analysis: Flame and Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrometry
Companies can save a significant amount of time while receiving high-quality test services by availing of the wide range of techniques available at TU Dublin Tallaght. Test services and consultancy also require expertise and as such, the ability to access the wide range of world-class researchers and analysts available in MiCRA has real benefits that cannot be understated. A number of contract options are available from one-off tests to analytical method development to ongoing contract analysis.
- Product and process development relies heavily on being able to verify improvements through quantitative analytical means. Most companies (especially smaller ones) do not have this facility in-house and can access test services through MiCRA and associated facilities.
- The diverse expertise within MiCRA and the wider institute allows for the provision of technical consultancy over a wide range of areas.
- Realising value from side and waste products: contract analysis of side streams allows for companies to realise an economic return from biomining while also reducing pollution.