TU Dublin take pride in the fact that over 90% of our student community embraces sustainable travel methods like public transport, walking, and cycling. This section is dedicated to helping you seamlessly navigate your way to and around with a suite of convenient, free apps.
These tools are designed to make your commute as smooth and eco-friendly as possible.
We have compiled all the essential travel aids to ensure you can focus on your studies and enjoy your college experience to the fullest. You can use a number of these free apps to plan your journey and find your way.
- The Journey Planner App from Transport for Ireland provides journey planning, timetable and travel information from all licensed public transport providers across Ireland.
- The Real Time Ireland app integrates all real-time arrival information services from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann and Luas services.
- Leap Card Top-Up allows you to instantly top up your Leap Card, check your balance and collect tickets directly from your near-field-communication (NFC) device. Simply hold your Leap Card to the back of your NFC device and instantly check your balance, collect a pre-purchased ticket, or top up your Leap Card. Remember. If you have a Child Leap Card, you can use it until you turn 19, saving you loads of money.
- The Cycle Planner provides information on the best cycling routes in Dublin, based on individual cycling capabilities. If you’re new to cycling or getting out on the bike after a long break, the Cycle Planner will find a route that avoids both roads with heavy traffic and avoids difficult turns at busy junctions.
- Driver Check App allows taxi users to verify that the vehicle they’re about to hire has been correctly registered and the driver has the licence to operate the vehicle. It also lets you email a friend with your trip details.