The GROWTHhub Project
Welcome to the GROWTHhub in TU Dublin.
The mission of GROWTHhub is to:
- Encourage an entrepreneurial mindset for new ways of thinking, education, research, and engagement.
- Create an environment with a stimulating culture of idea generation, exploration, and implementation.
- Positively impact students, the regional economy, and Ireland as a nation.
- Be a multi-disciplinary, institution-wide hub.
- Promote innovative approaches to identifying and solving needs and problems.
- Use opportunity recognition as a driving core concept.
- Recognise that all members of an innovation-oriented ecosystem can benefit by cooperation.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Creating a supporting environment that stimulates idea generation, exploration, and implementation.
- Being opened to all TU Dublin students, from apprenticeship through to PhD, from all disciplines.
- Promoting collaboration and innovative approaches to identifying and solving needs and problems.
Following EC EntreComp framework, GROWTHhub defines entrepreneurship as:
- a transversal competence, which applies to all spheres of life: from nurturing personal development, to actively participating in society, to innovating as an employee, and to
- starting up ventures (cultural, social, or commercial).
This broad definition of entrepreneurship applies to individuals and groups, and embraces different types of entrepreneurships, including:
- social entrepreneurship,
- green entrepreneurship and
- digital entrepreneurship.
- Growth thinking and entrepreneurial behaviour is about much more than just business
- Growth thinking and behaving entrepreneurially can help you to achieve your goals in every aspect of your life.
- Developing your knowledge and skills in this area is the ‘secret sauce’ to helping you spot opportunities, learn from the problems you encounter, manage uncertainty in an uncertain world, and achieve your goals.
Combining growth thinking and entrepreneurial behaviour enables you to discover opportunities based around your passions, experiences, and capabilities. It helps you to evaluate and test your ideas and choose the opportunity that is most likely to help you achieve your goals. It empowers you to use your ideas, in any field or discipline, to add value to society and the world around you.
The GROWTHhub project is all about helping everyone in TU Dublin to build growth thinking and entrepreneurial behaviour into our daily lives. Our 3-year mission is to give our students and staff the opportunity and skills to view the world through the lens of ‘Opportunity Awareness’. To see potential solutions to the problems that we and those around us encounter every day.
We are building a network of people and resources to help our students and our educators. We are introducing programmes to help students of every discipline and at all levels to practice creativity and innovation. We are working with staff in TU Dublin to integrate elements of growth thinking and entrepreneurial behaviour into as many courses as possible, to give everyone the opportunity to view the world around us as a place of growth and opportunity.
The GROWTHhub is intended to act as a centre and starting point for everyone in TU Dublin who wishes to explore their ability to identify, evaluate and develop opportunities that are right for them. We offer a broad range of supports designed to help you explore and develop your growth thinking skills and entrepreneurial behaviours.
Helping you explore the power of opportunity through growth thinking and entrepreneurial behaviour.