What is Advanced Entry?
Advanced entry is where an applicant seeks to gain entry to the second or subsequent year of an undergraduate programme based on prior educational and/or work experience.
How do I make an Advanced Entry application?
Where an EU Applicant wishes to make an application for advanced entry to a TU Dublin programme they will do so by submitting an application to the CAO. Please see a list of courses on the CAO website which are open for advanced entry applications.
The following programmes are NOT available to apply for via CAO but are directly available via our website
|Networking Applications and Services||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Biomolecular Science||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Tourism Management||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Hospitality Management||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Leisure Management||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Baking and Pastry Arts Management||Level 8 Honours Degree|
|Pharmacy Technician Studies||Level 6 Higher Certificate|
|Hospitality Management||Level 8 Higher Diploma|
What is the deadline for submitting an Advanced Entry online application?
- Closing date for advanced entry applications is 17th July (Please note, some popular courses may close earlier due to high demand)
- You should follow instructions outlined on the CAO website with regard to submitting supporting documentation.
- Please make sure to include the Advanced Entry Cover Sheet each time you send documents. This will save significant delays in CAO uploading your documents to your application.
- Failure to supply supporting documentation may result in your application being rejected.
Are Advanced Entry places available in all programmes?
No, while Advanced Entry places are available in a large number of programmes they are not available in all programmes.
Individual course pages will outline if Advanced Entry is an option, the full list of programmes available for Advanced Entry are on the CAO Website
Please note that often programmes fill up and the option for advance entry will depend on availability of places.
How are Advanced Entry applications assessed?
Advanced Entry applications are assessed on the basis of availability of places in the relevant programme year and on merit. The following are just some examples of Advanced Entry. Remember that Advanced Entry is not a guarantee and these are just a sample of assessment criteria.
- Applicants who have partially completed a third-or further Education programme at Level 6 in a Further or Higher Education Institution may be considered for Advanced Entry to a related Level 6/7 or 8 programme.
- Relevant work experience will also be seriously considered for all applicants.
When are offers made?
Offers for Advanced Entry places are predominantly made during the months of July and August however, some programmes may offer their places sooner than that.
Offers are issued by the CAO via email.
Are Non EU/International Students eligible for Advanced Entry?
International applicants are welcome to apply. If you wish to be considered for Advanced Entry you must apply directly to TU Dublin rather than via CAO.
Please apply via the Non-EU International Button on the relevant programme webpage, ensuring to upload your most up to date and all other relevant supporting documentation including detailed exam results, transcripts and details of relevant work experience, CV etc.