Where are we located?
TU Dublin Bolton Street is located in Dublin 1, just 5 minutes’ walk from O’Connell street and just six minutes’ walk to the Grangegorman campus.
Our Eircode is D01 K822. View our location on Google Maps.
The University is committed to sustainable travel. All users of the Campus are encouraged to bear this in mind when considering their travel options.
TU Dublin Bolton Street is easily accessible by bus. The following Dublin Bus routes operate within the Bolton Street area:
- 1 (From Pearse Street (Shaw St.) Towards Santry (Shanard Rd.)
- 11 (From Sandyford Business District Towards Wadelai Park)
- 16 (From Ballinteer (Kingston) Towards Dublin Airport)
- 40d (From Tyrrelstown Towards Parnell St.)
- 40e (From Tyrrelstown Towards Broombridge Luas)
- 46a (From Dun Laoghaire Towards Phoenix Park)
- 120 (From Ashtown Rail Station To Parnell St.)
- 122 (From Drimnagh Rd. Towards Ashington)
- 145 (From Ballywaltrim Towards Heuston Rail Station)
- 155 (From Bray Rail Station Towards IKEA (Ballymun)
- 83 (From Kimmage To Harristown)
- 83a (From Kimmage To Harristown)
- 25x From Maynooth To UCD Belfield (Nearest stop to campus is Ormond Quay)
Check www.dublinbus.ie for up to date timetable information.
Bus Connects is a new bus network in Dublin which will improve the existing Transport for Ireland (TFI) network by providing enhanced bus services with high frequency spines linking local, orbital and radial routes. The TFI H Spine and C Spine both serve Dublin City Centre, including Abbey St, Tara St. and Aston Quay.
TU Dublin promotes cycling as a viable travel option for students and staff, and 1 in 10 TU Dublin students cycle to college. It's a great way to keep ﬁt and save money while in college. Use the Transport for Ireland Cycle Planner app to identify the shortest, safest route to campus.
If you have your own bike, there is lots of bike parking in the building, while Dublinbike operates stands close to the campus. You can hire a dublinbike by purchasing either a 1-day ticket, 3-day ticket or taking out an annual subscription. Full details on all dublinbike ticket options are available here.
The Journey Planner App from Transport for Ireland provides journey planning, timetable and travel information from all licensed public transport providers across Ireland. Download the Real Time Ireland App, which integrates all real-time arrival information services from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann and Luas services.
For travel by bus, Luas, or DART, get a Leap Card for convenience and to save money. Remember, you can save even more if you use a Child Leap Card until you turn 19! You can download the Leap Card Top-Up App and instantly check your balance, top up your card.
All Irish taxis can be verified by using the TFI Drive Check app to make sure the taxi you are taking has been registered. The app also lets you email a friend with your trip details.