Course Title: Master of Business Administration
- A primary degree from a recognised university in any discipline or an equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant post-graduate work experience including at least 3 years in a managerial or professional capacity.
- Candidates who do not have a primary degree or equivalent professional qualification may be required to submit a minimum GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score of 500. For information on applying without a primary degree please email mba@TUDublin.ie.
- At least one written reference attesting to the ability of the candidate to undertake the course.
- All applicants are required to attend an interview with the MBA Programme Manager and/or Academic Director
- A minimum of 7.0 on IELTS for those of whom English is not their first language.
- Non-EU applicants must have documentary proof of Irish residency or an Irish work permit to be eligible to apply (it is the responsibility of the applicant to maintain such eligibility across the lifestyle of the course).
Who should apply?
- Participants from diverse backgrounds with the aim of developing their management and leadership capabilities.
- Applicants from all sectors and backgrounds are welcome – you do not need a business degree to apply.
- With practical on the job experience and an average age of 38 years, participants bring a wealth of experience to the course. We welcome applications from candidates with a minimum of five years’ post-graduation experience.
- We seek individuals who want to develop their professional practice and make a positive impact on their industry and society.
The Executive MBA is a journey towards personal growth and career transformation. Our exciting and innovative programme design caters for individuals seeking to take up senior leadership roles in the private, public or not-for-profit sectors along with those looking to establish or scale their own businesses.
The TU Dublin MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education and is earned by only the top 2% of MBA courses globally.
Leaders and entrepreneurs from a variety of sectors engage with our expert Faculty and exciting guest speakers and in sharing their own significant experience create a unique environment of peer learning and networking.
The broad range of modules, along with a specialist Leadership Development Programme (LDP) and a week-long Global Leadership Immersion, prepares graduates for success in a dynamic global business environment. An Expert Seminar Series brings together MBA students and Alumni to engage with world-class speakers on topics relating to emerging technologies, sustainability and global leadership.
Through a combination of exciting learning approaches, live case studies and simulations, MBA participants learn to apply a range of business frameworks and analytical tools to problem solve and innovate.
Our highly supportive learning environment, small group teaching and individual coaching and feedback helps participants to identify their core strengths and to significantly enhance their leadership capabilities.
If you are considering an MBA, please click here to arrange a one-to-one meeting.
View further information on the TU Dublin Executive MBA.
The course offers a comprehensive grounding in core functional areas, while also focusing on a number of key themes including: strategy & leadership; innovation & change; sustainability; global business; and financial and data analysis. The modules you undertake during your time on the course keenly reflect these key themes.
Each semester of the Executive MBA programme is composed of four unique modules; the course consists of 16 modules in total plus an individual Consultancy Project. The broad range of modules, along with a specialist Leadership Development Programme (LDP) and a week-long Global Leadership Immersion, prepares graduates for success in a dynamic global business environment. Modules are scheduled to maximise learning and the integrated nature of modules will enhance participants’ ability to tackle complex business challenges.
Year 1 enhances your skillset in vital functional areas such as finance and marketing. You are encouraged to think more broadly about the concepts of leadership, strategy and entrepreneurship, and how such concepts really apply to both your industry and your own career.
Year 2 builds on this foundation and focuses on improving strategic thinking, a global outlook and an innovative mind-set through a suite of comprehensive modules and the Global Leadership Immersion.
Orientation Programme: This involves engaging and interactive workshops focusing on team building, personal leadership and presentation skills, along with supports to prepare you for the MBA journey. You get to know MBA classmates over dinner and meet with MBA Alumni who share key tips and advice based on their MBA experience.
Global Leadership Immersion: A week long exploration of business practices in an overseas market developed in conjunction with our US partner. You interact with Silicon Valley's dynamic entrepreneurial ecosystem, attend intensive workshops, seminars and lectures, and explore inter-culturalism and digital entrepreneurship in a 'learn by doing' environment.
Consultancy Project: This provides the opportunity to shape a major piece of research which will yield actionable recommendations.
Leadership Development Programme (LDP): A dedicated Leadership Development Programme runs throughout the two year Executive MBA, helping you to enhance specific skills and your personal and professional leadership competencies. Knowledge of the core management frameworks and concepts is only one part of the leader’s toolkit. To be truly effective as a leader you must also develop a range of leadership ‘skills’ and heightened levels of self-awareness, social and emotional intelligence. The range of offerings in this area includes: personal effectiveness; effective teamwork; reflective practice and self-awareness; leadership and impact; transformation and change and career development.
Expert Seminar Series: This brings together MBA students and Alumni to engage with world-class speakers on topics relating to emerging technologies, sustainability and global leadership.
Friday afternoon (3pm-7pm/9pm) and Saturday morning (9am-1.30pm/4pm)
Hear what our Graduates have to say about the TU Dublin MBA:
I chose TU Dublin because of the relevance and applicability of the MBA to your actual work. A lot of the projects you would do throughout the course would be focused on particular problems in your organisation. That really benefitted me because I was able to balance that against the areas I was prioritising in my job.
Darren Connolly, Senior Insights Manager – LinkedIn
The MBA has helped me to better understand not only the fundamental workings of business but also cutting edge business techniques and attitudes. I feel that it has improved my confidence to make business decisions, to be a strong leader and I look forward to the possibilities it will create in my future career.
Laura Kennedy, Brand Lead – Novartis