Course Title: Bachelor of Sciences (Honours) in Bioanalytical Science
A GPA of 2.5 is required.
The aim of this programme is to provide the student with knowledge and skills in the advanced field of Bioanalytical science by way of high-quality lectures in a range of relevant and current specialised topics. Additionally, it is intended that the student will acquire hands-on experience in the application of knowledge gained through a series of practical's related to the theoretical subjects undertaken.
Students will also learn many transferable skills such as the ability to research a given topic and produce scientific reports, in addition to oral presentation skills and critical thinking skills. Furthermore, in their final year, honor's students will also manage their own laboratory-based research project and will thus gain valuable experience in planning, project management, time management as well as proficiency in scientific communication.
Full time across two semesters (Semester 7 & 8) - approx. 25 hours of contact time per week.
Mode of Study/Method of Delivery: Classroom/Lab
Successful graduates of this programme will have an advanced skills and knowledge base that will appeal to employers in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries in addition to other areas of employment. Alternatively, successful graduates may wish to enter the field of research and pursue Masters or PhD qualification.
- Bioanalytical Techniques 1 (5 credits)
- Bioprocess Technology (5 credits)
- Industrial Statistics (5 credits)
- Lab Skills 7 (10 credits)
- Scientific Communications & Student Project Part 1 (5 credits)
- Advanced Biopharma & Cell Technology (ABCT) (5 credits)
- Bioanalytical Techniques 2 (5 credits)
- DNA Analysis II (5 credits)
- Immunodiagnostics (5 credits)
- Student Project Part 2 (10 credits)