Participants must have a Level 8 Honours Degree in a cognate discipline with a minimum of a 2:2. Candidates with significant work experience but without the requisite qualifications may be considered under a Recognition of Prior Learning process.
Candidates whose first language is not English, will require IELTS or TOEFL scores to support their application.
The multi award-winning Masters in Product Management is the only course of it's kind in Ireland, with few comparators world-wide.
This course is carefully designed to allow busy professionals to combine work and study through its block delivery format, over two consecutive days per month. TU Dublin's innovative programme was developed in response to demand for certified product management talent, among leading Irish and International companies in the software technology sector.
Block delivery over two consecutive days per month, usually October-June, meets the needs of busy professionals. Company-based assignments are embedded in course assignments, addressing current challenges in the workplace
Our partnership with Technology Ireland Software Skillnet provides a powerful industry voice for the digital and software technology sector
Shared learning with fellow participants from a diverse range of companies ensures the experience is always dynamic and engaging
Participation generates an immediate return on investment for company sponsors
To deliver this one-of-a kind learning experience we have brought together a unique international faculty of world renowned scholars, thought leaders, bestselling authors and leading edge practitioners.
This course is designed for:
- Practising product managers who have a number of years’ experience and wish to enhance their competencies and their career progression.
- Product owners and those from engineering or design backgrounds who are transitioning to product management.
- Aspiring product managers who are working as business analysts or solutions consultants, or in product delivery and support functions.
- Senior executives in companies seeking to establish and develop a structured product management function.
- Business architects and those responsible for translating long-term strategic roadmaps into deliverables.
- Entrepreneurs and Founders who want to leverage product management practice in validating and building their business.
Strategy and Business Models
- Develop product strategies to meet your growth challenges.
- Identify opportunities to create differentiable value, and drive business model innovation.
Innovation & NPD
- Understand technology cycles and identify market discontinuities. n Learn how to align your business strategy with product strategy.
- Drive value creation through roadmapping.
Customer and Market Analysis
- Master context-driven research, including how to scope, plan and execute market research.
- Learn to build evidence-based market profiles and product propositions.
Business Case and Pricing
- Master the fundamentals of pricing.
- Build evidence-based business cases.
Product Portfolio Management
- Accelerate product commercialisation.
- Discover emerging practices in product design and delivery. Analyse opportunities and risks in the context of your portfolio.
Applied Design Thinking
- Employ design thinking methods to match market needs with technological feasibility and business viability.
- Accelerate problemsolving and discovery using structured, repeatable protocols
Product Management at Scale
- Explore how product companies grow
- Understanding customer value pricing and SaaS packaging
Leadership and Personal Development
- Understand personality traits and their impact.
- Explore leadership strategies.
Communications & Collaborations
- Strengthen your leadership, negotiation and communication style.
- Enhance your ability to influence stakeholders and obtain buy-in from others.
The additional modules towards an MSc develop strategic competence and advanced analytical rigour.
Strategy for Competitive Positioning
- Advance your understanding of global strategy development and implementation.
- Evaluate strategic choices in the multi- national and small business contexts.
Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation
- Learn about decisions and processes that help to generate, develop and deliver technology in line with company strategy and growth objectives.
- Review company-level best and next practice.
Business Research Methods
- Develop approaches for systematic enquiry and analytical rigour in product management.
- Reinforce your ability to test and generate theory through empirical research.
- Enhance problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The dissertation offers the opportunity to consolidate and integrate programme learning.
- It leverages the company context, to deliver business impact through targeted engagement with product management theory and practice.
The Postgraduate Diploma is delivered part-time over 12 months. With an Induction in September, modules are run on two consecutive days per month, usually October through to June, concluding with a company based capstone project, submitted in September, to bring real impact to their organisation. Participants can then progress to an MSc which constitutes a continuation of the Postgraduate Diploma in Product Management. It consists of three core modules and a thesis.
TU Dublin partner with Technology Ireland DIGITAL Skilnet for the recruitment and funding of our Product Management suite of courses.
Applications for the 2022 Postgraduate Diploma are now open. Please click here to apply or contact the Programme Manager, Aoife Treanor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details of upcoming information sessions, please visit www.digitalskillnet.ie/productmanagement/
“ The course gave me the skills to effectively balance product management effort between discovery, design and delivery, as well as influencing my colleagues to achieve the right outcomes in an inclusive and collaborative way.”
Aoife McGivern, Manager, Product Management, Workday
“ The application of programme learning to live challenges in the workplace delivered immediate benefits for me and my employer.
Among the many concepts that I was introduced to, business modelling and portfolio mapping were applied with great results.”
Mark Hill, Vice President Product Management and Design, Kitman Labs
“The balance between theory and practice was excellent. It enabled me to bring my product management knowledge and capabilities to a new level, with significant benefits for my employer.”
Qian Zhang Product Owner Oneview Healthcare
“The lecturers include some of the world’s leading authorities in product management. Now I have the knowledge and the frameworks to back up whatever approach I am recommending, whereas before I might have just gone with gut instinct.”
Aidan Kenny Head of Product Smartbox Group
“Completing the Masters in Product Management was a turning point in the development of my critical thinking and strategic management skills.”
Macdara Butler Head of Digital Experience OpenJaw Technologies
- Postgraduate Diploma: €6,600 (Year 1 60 credits)
- Masters Track: €4,000 (Year 2 additional 30 credits)
On successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma, participants can progress to a further year of study to achieve the MSc in Product Management.
Grant aid of up to 25%** is available for eligible companies through Technology Ireland Software Skillnet. Participants can confirm eligibility through the Technology Ireland Software Skillnet office https://www.research.net/r/Application_Form_Postgraduate_Diploma_ProductManagement