Matlab for TU Dublin
How to access and install MATLAB
MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation, while Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and model-based design of multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems. Both applications, along with a number of add-on products for specific tasks such as data analysis and image processing, are available to students and staff for learning, teaching, and research purposes.
The application can be accessed using your @mytudublin.ie or @tudublin.ie email address.
Get Access through: TU Dublin MATLAB Portal
- Go to the MATLAB Portal provided by TU Dublin. Select ‘Sign in to get started’ under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- Log into your MathWorks account that is associated to your TU Dublin license.You may be asked to login with your TU Dublin credentials first.
- Click the download button for the current release. (Users can also download previous releases here).
- Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
Instructions how to install and activate
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
- You can contact MathWorks directly Installation Support
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Transitioning Existing MATLAB Installations to Campus-Wide License
If someone already has MATLAB installed, they can transition to the Campus-Wide License
- End Users who associate to the new licence simply need to re-run the MATLAB installer
- When running the installer, they simply will select the Campus-Wide Licence and install the new toolboxes that are now available.After the install,it will automatically bring them into the activation client and place down the Campus-Wide Licence file.
Getting Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
- MATLAB Onramp – Learn MATLAB in just 2 hours
- MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite– Interactive self-paced online courses
- MATLAB Online – Instant access to MATLAB from a web browser
- MATLAB Mobile- Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results – all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Videos and Webinars – Search for videos by application or product to learn about the vast capabilities and uses of MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Examples – A collection of free and reusable code plus examples on how to use MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Grader– Automatically grade MATLAB code and run your problems in any learning environment