- Important: Using the email address email@example.com does "not" constitute a booking. You must contact the Health Centre and consult with the College Nurse to arrange a Doctor’s appointment.
Dr. Siobhan Kierans is our Institute doctor. A surgery is held 3 times weekly during the academic term.
NB: Times may change for the coming year, please view the notice board as well as this space for times. Appointments can be made through the Health Centre. Currently there is a fee of €10 to attend the doctor as a registered full-time student. Additional fee for some Medical services and vaccinations apply – see Charges section.
Please note if you are unable to keep your doctor’s appointment you must advise the Health Centre well in advance or you will be charged the €10 fee. This is to ensure other ill students can avail of appointments.
The doctors' clinic facilitates the following:
• Treatment for acute illness.
• Support/advice for medical conditions e.g. asthma, eczema, etc.
• Sport Injury treatment and referral as necessary.
• Contraceptive advice and prescription.
• Emergency (morning-after) pill and advice.
• Pregnancy testing and non-judgmental support.
• Shared ante-natal care.
• Sexual Health advice including transmitted disease - referral where necessary.
• Laboratory test (including bloods) referral and follow-up.
• Repeat prescriptions.
• Eye tests for driving license – (additional fee).
• Ear syringing.
• Nutrition counselling and eating disorders.
• Vaccinations – (additional fee).
• Wellness advice and support.
Please be on time for scheduled doctor appointments (made through nurse).
If you are unable to keep an appointment, please notify us within 24 hours to cancel: someone may be waiting for a cancellation and could make use of the time.
Have your student I.D card with you when attending the doctor.
Medical certs will only be issued to students having attended the College Dr. and will commence on the day of assessment. Under no circumstances will certs be issued retrospectively. In the event of an individual missing a lab or CA they will need to consult with the Dr for a cert on that day. If there is not a Dr’s appointment available we would suggest you contact your own GP.
Note: If you have documentary evidence of a medical/hospital appointment, please present to your Department Office, to excuse your absence.
After hours service
A service called TLC-DOC is available outside office hours for urgent medical conditions. TLC-DOC location now in The Carbery Building, Tallaght Square West. Available weekdays from 6pm to 10pm, weekend and Bank holidays 10am to 6pm .The phone number is 045-848707.
Note: Dr. Siobhan Kierans has arranged that full time registered students of TU Dublin,Tallaght can avail of this service. They will need to bring their student card with them and advise that they are a patient of Dr. Kierans in the College. The fee is €60.
If you have a medical card but are not registered with Dr. Kierans you need to bring a valid student card and your medical card and inform them that you are attendingTU Dublin,Tallaght and a patient of Dr. Kierans there.