Application for admission to add-on Honours Degree (Level 8) courses will be considered from graduates of a relevant Ordinary Degree (Level 7) course at pass level with a GPA of 2.0 or above.
Garda Vetting: Garda Vetting required through TU Dublin see www.tudublin.ie/gardavetting
If you're fit and active with good people skills and an interest in sport and business, this is the course for you.
You’ll learn all the skills of sports management and coaching techniques, combined with the fundamentals of business and enterprise.
This comprehensive programme covers all aspects of sport and sport science plus finance, marketing, management, IT and event management. This enables graduates to work effectively in sports management and coaching environments. We have a fourth-generation artificial playing surface, a fully equipped gym, large sports hall, a video performance analysis laboratory and a high-performance training coaching space. In Year 4, modules include Applied Performance Analysis, Elite Coaching, Sports and Leisure Event Management, and High-Performance Speed and Conditioning, and you can specialise in areas such as Personal Training, Strategic Planning and Sport Management and Coaching.
Professional Accreditation: This programme is accredited on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) Ireland as a REPS-accredited course.
While the medium spec PC/Laptop will suffice, long term a high spec would be a better investment (Medium spec i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. Be able to use Wi-fi and camera to attend online classes, use other software such as SPSS, Adobe Connect; e.g. Latitude 5510; Latitude 5410; High spec i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. Be able to use Wi-fi and camera to attend online classes, use other hardware intensive software such as Adobe Cloud Premium suite, Visual Studio, AutoCAD, ProEng, so needs high RAM, larger SSD, Graphics acceleration, etc.)
Please search for the TU Dublin offer on the HEA website www.heanet.ie/store
- Professional Coaches
- Personal Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Health and Wellbeing Coaches
- Performance Analysts with many sports (individual and team)
- Fitness Instructors
- Leisure Managers
- Working in physical activity areas in administrative roles
- Working in physical activity as a Sport Development Officer in Local Sports Partnerships
- Event Management Planning and Development
- Coaching and Development Officers in national governing bodies (many sports, both able-bodied and disability)
- Sports Management & Coaching Research Project - Theory
- Applied Performance Analysis
- Elite Coaching
- Sports and Leisure Event Management
- Elite Sports Development
- Personal Training 2
- Strategic Planning
You must select one elective.
- High Performance Speed & Conditioning
- Applied Adapted Physical Activity
- Skills Acquisition
- Sports Participation Development
- Practicum in Sports and Leisure Event Management
- Sport Management and Coaching Research Project - Practice
You must select one elective.
The list of electives is indicative since they depend on learner demand and resource availability, and may vary from year to year.
Advanced Entry/Add On Programme
I’ve always had a keen interest in sport and I had heard from people already doing the course how good it is and the many career opportunities that it can provide. The lecturers are very passionate and the sports facilities are excellent. The modules are very broad and can lead you into a lot of different careers in either sports, business or both.
- Aimee Clarke, Sports Management & Coaching
On graduation, you may continue to postgraduate study at TU Dublin or elsewhere.