2020 CAO Points: 300
Minimum Grade in
English OR Irish
O6/H7/F2 or higher
Applications from QQI Level 5 and 6 are welcome. Further details at www.tudublin.ie/qqi
Mature applicants (23+) are welcome. Further details at www.tudublin.ie/mature
Additional Requirements/Information: The course requires considerable physical capability due to high activity content.
Garda Vetting: Garda vetting required through TU Dublin see www.tudublin.ie/gardavetting
Sporting Prowess Programme: TU Dublin Blanchardstown provides an opportunity to applicants who display outstanding sporting prowess to participate on the Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management and Coaching TU735 (Level 7) and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Sports Management and Coaching TU935 (Level 8). The Sporting Prowess Programme will award up to 50 points to successful applicants, which will be added to their Leaving Certificate or FETAC points. Students must apply to the CAO in the usual manner and then make a separate application for the TU Dublin Blanchardstown Sporting Prowess Programme the application form linked below. Applicants must supply evidence of participation at highest relevant representative level and sporting references as requested on the application form. Applicants who are awarded an additional 50 points under this programme must achieve the minimum entry requirements and points requirement for the Sports Management and Coaching courses in year of entry. Offers of places to successful applicants will be made by the CAO in the normal way.
The closing date for receipt of applications has been extended to 30th April 2020. Late applications cannot be considered.
Sporting Prowess Application Form 2020-21 (If using Internet Explorer, click the link and choose 'Save As' to download)
Note: By submitting an application you are giving TU Dublin permission to process the information supplied. Your information will only be used for the purpose of applying for the Sporting Prowess Programme and your information will only be kept on record until such time as the application process is complete. You can request a copy of any of your information we have on record at any time by contacting TU Dublin.
Are you a sports enthusiast interested in developing a career in the fitness industry in a coaching or business role, or a business enthusiast who’s passionate about the world of sport business and coaching? If you're fit and active with good people skills and an interest in sport and business, this is the course for you.
You’ll learn all the skills of sports management and coaching techniques, combined with the fundamentals of business and enterprise.
This comprehensive programme covers all aspects of sport and sport science plus finance, marketing, management, IT and event management. This enables graduates to work effectively in sports management and coaching environments.
We have a fourth-generation artificial playing surface, a fully equipped gym, large sports hall, a video performance analysis laboratory and a high-performance training coaching space. In Year 4, modules include Applied Performance Analysis, Elite Coaching, Sports and Leisure Event Management, and High-Performance Speed and Conditioning, and you can specialise in areas such as Personal Training, Strategic Planning and Sport Management and Coaching.
Professional Accreditation: This programme is accredited on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) Ireland as a REPS-accredited course. It will provide you with a Personal Trainer accreditation that is highly regarded throughout the fitness industry.
Postgraduate Study: On graduation, you may continue to postgraduate study at TU Dublin or elsewhere.
Note: Sports Management and Coaching students provide coaching and fitness support as personal trainers to the staff and sports scholarship athletes of the university, as well as coaching support to primary schools in the local area.
While the medium spec PC/Laptop will suffice, long term a high spec would be a better investment (Medium spec i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. Be able to use Wi-fi and camera to attend online classes, use other software such as SPSS, Adobe Connect; e.g. Latitude 5510; Latitude 5410; High spec i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. Be able to use Wi-fi and camera to attend online classes, use other hardware intensive software such as Adobe Cloud Premium suite, Visual Studio, AutoCAD, ProEng, so needs high RAM, larger SSD, Graphics acceleration, etc.)
Please search for the TU Dublin offer on the HEA website www.heanet.ie/store
- Professional Coaches
- Personal Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Health and Wellbeing Coaches
- Performance Analysts with many sports (individual and team)
- Fitness Instructors
- Leisure Managers
- Working in physical activity areas in administrative roles
- Working in physical activity as a Sport Development Officer in Local Sports Partnerships
- Event Management Planning and Development
- Coaching and Development Officers in national governing bodies (many sports, both able-bodied and disability)
- Coaching Theory and Practice 1
- Long Term Athlete Development 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Contemporary Sports Management 1
- Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Skills for Success in Higher Education
- Coaching Children & Youths
- Long Term Athlete Development 2
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Contemporary Sports Management 2
- Introduction to Sports & Exercise Psychology
- Business Information Systems
- Coaching and Performance Psychology 1
- Speed and Agility
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Marketing 1
- Regulatory Environment
- Electronic Commerce
- Coaching and Performance Psychology 2
- Programme Development and Exercise Progression
- Human Performance
- Sports Marketing 2
- Cost Benefit Analysis & Decision Making
- Information Management
- Introduction to Adapted Physical Activity
- Plyometrics and Olympic Lifts 1
- Sports Club Operations Management
- Professional Skills and Life Coaching
- Selling and Sales Management
- Personal Training 1
- Periodisation and Olympic Lifts 2
- Performance Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Enterprise Development
- Sports Management & Coaching Research Project - Theory
- Applied Performance Analysis
- Elite Coaching
- Sports and Leisure Event Management
- Elite Sports Development
- Personal Training 2
- Strategic Planning
You must select one elective.
- High Performance Speed & Conditioning
- Applied Adapted Physical Activity
- Skills Acquisition
- Sports Participation Development
- Practicum in Sports and Leisure Event Management
- Sport Management and Coaching Research Project - Practice
You must select one elective.
The list of electives is indicative since they depend on learner demand and resource availability, and may vary from year to year.
I’ve always had a keen interest in sport and I had heard from people already doing the course how good it is and the many career opportunities that it can provide. The lecturers are very passionate and the sports facilities are excellent. The modules are very broad and can lead you into a lot of different careers in either sports, business or both.
- Aimee Clarke, Sports Management & Coaching